Saturday, February 20, 2010

More Type Experiments



In my typography class, I was given four words to work with. For this assignment, I have to physically construct, or print out my words and photograph these physical representations of the words in a creative manner. In other words, this isn't about taking a photo and slapping some text over it in Photoshop.

Since these photos need to go beyond simple snapshots, I've gotta think about some interesting ways to create photos that aren't merely simple depictions of a word. Additionally, all of the "effects" I might use need to be created in camera. At first I was skeptical about my ability to meet this requirement. I've grown really accustomed to relying on Photoshop over the years, but it's awesome to be forced out of my comfort zone and now it feels like I'm really expanding my creative limits.

I'm happy with the results of my first experiments, but the fridge magnet letters may be a little cliche. Also, the surface that I photographed Wish on created a strange glow that makes it slightly illegible. I might experiment with some different letter forms and recreate this scene for my final presentation.


No comments: