Thursday, April 8, 2010

Image Works

Here are a few images that I'm creating for a story book. The basic parameters of the assignment called for me to shoot photos in a particular neighborhood of San Francisco (Chinatown/North Beach) and use those photos to create imagery to incorporate into the story of Hansel & Gretel.

The images themselves are meant to "suggest" rather than "depict". The character of the neighborhood is supposed to subtly flavor the graphics, rather than dictate any sort of concrete imagery.






2 comments:

B. Raymond said...

These images are just great! Such depth in them.
Please share more, and if you are making the book too I'd love to see a photo or two of the process/progress.

AC said...

Thank you. I will definitely continue posting my progress. I think there's more than a little fun to be had with this project.