Monday, August 17, 2009

Always wear your helmet

Well, it's not especially sage advice, but it should never be discounted. About an hour ago, I loaded up my bag with about 10 packages to send off to the winners of my recent eBay auctions. I grabbed my bike, and got ready to hit the door. Before I left the house, I did the usual "should I wear my helmet? I'm only going a mile through the neighborhood" routine, and settled on wearing my helmet. Within 5 blocks, I came within 10 feet of being hit by a blatant red light runner. I caught up with her, and asked her what her deal was. All she did was throw up her hands in a weak peace offering, and seemed somewhat annoyed that I was calling her on this.



I reminded her that it could have been her and to pay attention when she's driving. I'm sure that I might as well have been talking to a wall.

Luckily there was no collision, but I'm glad I had my stupid looking helmet strapped on.

No comments: